Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
Rumors and Drama EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
Rumors and Drama EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
Rumors and Drama EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
Rumors and Drama EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
Rumors and Drama EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
Rumors and Drama EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
Rumors and Drama EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
Rumors and Drama EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
Rumors and Drama EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

+5
Honey0429
THIS IS MISS HILL
cesjkids
CynLewis65
two sisters
9 posters

Rumors and Drama

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

Rumors and Drama Empty Rumors and Drama

Post  two sisters Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Leaving your old stompin’ ground was one of the best decisions you’ve made. You started a new job, got your own place, and you’re doing quite well. You consider yourself blessed as a number of people were laid off where you work but you’re still there. Rumors have been circulating that you’ve been kissing up and bustin’ folks out to the big wigs to keep your job. You know that the rumors have no validity but they keep on circulating. You know your job and you do it well and you have an excellent track record to prove it. It’s at the point where folks are displaying big time attitude towards you and you’re wondering is it really worth all the drama.

Question:

When you know that you have been called to do a particular thing, (whatever it is), how do you handle adversity when things get tough?
    CynLewis65

Rumors and Drama Empty Stay Committed!

Post  CynLewis65 Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:09 am

Despite what other's may feel and/or think about you------------you must stay committed to your God given task! This is not an easy feat, but is the #1 job of our enemy Twisted Evil to get us to lose our Shocked FOCUS so that we either too frustrated or busy to finish what we started. Remember, he (devil Twisted Evil ) comes to steal, kill, and destroy! We can't allow our circumstances to dictate our decisions but rather our faith in Christ Jesus to push us onward toward our goals!

Stay Committed & Focused! Very Happy
    cesjkids
    cesjkids

Rumors and Drama Empty Saying focused

Post  cesjkids Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm

I agreed with you when you say it's not easy to stay focused but my question is, what kind of things or stratgies do you use to do that? How do you stay focused for the duration of the task?
    THIS IS MISS HILL
    THIS IS MISS HILL

Rumors and Drama Empty Adversity and staying focused

Post  THIS IS MISS HILL Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Well, what about even when you are focused, adversity can wipe you off your feet. I think it takes people in your life to help you get back up when you're knocked off task by adversity. Yes,it is worth the drama because your reason for being in a place is often much bigger than you can even focus on.
    Honey0429

Rumors and Drama Empty Re: Rumors and Drama

Post  Honey0429 Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 pm

I think no matter what the situation is, if you have a job to do then you do it. If people are talking negative about you, then that says a lot about that person. personally when I have a task to do I stay focus,and let my work speak for myself. I have no time for drama
    GOT SENSE

Post  GOT SENSE Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Honey0429 wrote:I think no matter what the situation is, if you have a job to do then you do it. If people are talking negative about you, then that says a lot about that person. personally when I have a task to do I stay focus,and let my work speak for myself. I have no time for drama

Like crabs in a bucket, the unfocused and dramtaic will always to try to throw you off your game and WRECK YOUR GROOVE... especially when you're headed down a clear path to success. I say...PRAY! Yes, PRAY!
    When adversity knocks, it's nothing but the DEVIL. Pray and stay focused.
    THIS IS MISS HILL
    THIS IS MISS HILL

Rumors and Drama Empty Being called is the key

Post  THIS IS MISS HILL Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:37 pm

To me the key part of the whole question is that "you know, that you have been called" when you know within yourself that God has called you to an assignment, yes adversity will come, and it can shake you, but it can't stop you. Keep doing what you do the way you do it and let the rest be taken care of in due time. sunny
    schoolgirl
    schoolgirl

Rumors and Drama Empty Keep pressing on

Post  schoolgirl Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Right now I am faced with a similar situation at work. Even though I pray before I start my day, the challenge of staying focused is a test in and of itself. What keeps me on the right track is that I know that God has called me for this assignement so in spite of the obstacles, you got to keep pressing on knowing that each test is progress in the right direction.
    Marsha
    Marsha

Rumors and Drama Empty Funny Feelings

Post  Marsha Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 pm

As I was reading through the various posts, I decided to comment on this topic. I was reading some of the articles on the website written by Charlotte and Dail and I found the article "Funny Feelings" quite fitting for this topic. Our feelings can play tricks on us and make us believe we are doing the right thing or the wrong thing (depending on the circumstances). Just like you are sure of your name, when you have a task with your name on it you have to stand confident that you will complete the task. That's not to say that feelings of doubt will not come to distract you and get you off your course. I too believe that you must stay prayed up and want to add that God has given us friends and family to help us work through difficult times. Sometimes we will have to talk ourselves through it and other times those that we love and trust will help us get through it.
    Sarah's Daughter
    Sarah's Daughter

Rumors and Drama Empty Rumors and Drama - Hey, They Talked About Jesus!

Post  Sarah's Daughter Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

two sisters wrote:Leaving your old stompin’ ground was one of the best decisions you’ve made. You started a new job, got your own place, and you’re doing quite well. You consider yourself blessed as a number of people were laid off where you work but you’re still there. Rumors have been circulating that you’ve been kissing up and bustin’ folks out to the big wigs to keep your job. You know that the rumors have no validity but they keep on circulating. You know your job and you do it well and you have an excellent track record to prove it. It’s at the point where folks are displaying big time attitude towards you and you’re wondering is it really worth all the drama.

Question:

When you know that you have been called to do a particular thing, (whatever it is), how do you handle adversity when things get tough?

This is tough, do you vehemently confront blatant ignorance and lies, or do you simply ignore it, and walk away? I tend to agree with Miss Hill, in that you have to know your true purpose for doing what you have been called to do. One cannot have doubt and be wishy washy when it comes to knowing why you are where you are. With self confidence comes maturity, or is it vice versa? At any rate, ignorance speaks for itself.

As I look back, people down through the years have always talked about me, and sometimes it was just downright nasty. People tend to be naturally opinionated and just form their own opinions based on their perceptions, and their fears. It doesn't have to be true, just true to them! They say: "She thinks she is ... or, "Just who does she think she is!" I haven't always been that kind of "turn the other cheek," kind of girl either. I don't want to give the false impression that at times I haven't wanted to go in serious attack mode! Yep, did that too, and found out that it isn't even worth it. It's like a dog chasing his own tail. He can never catch it! Always blows my mind when I hear the countless people I have known over the years mindlessly, and carelessly, engaging in the "he said, she said, tear a sista down," type of talk. They start by saying, "Girl, did you hear so and so . . ." or, "I heard she was . . ." In other words, their ears are wide open, attentive, and waiting to "hear" all the negative talk they can stomach. Yes, it is hurtful, and yes, it can be very damaging to one's reputation because whether or not the rumors are true, sometimes it can sway other people's opinions, because they may begin to accept the rumors as fact. When you hear something over and over, by more than one person, over time -- it is easy to be accepted as fact. This is the real danger of rumors and gossip. But, to confront those that are talking, when you know the truth is so completely opposite is something that should be carefully considered. As I grow older, I now know how important it is like Miss Hill suggested, to stay focused on the task at hand -- in spite of, no matter what they are saying. If you allow yourself to become involved in the drama over this type of negative talk, then you become a participant in the drama, creating even more drama. Its a vicious cycle best left to those who have nothing better to do. When you know that you are called to do a particular job, or fulfill an assignment, that is your purpose. But, my questionis: who said it was going to be easy? That is the common misconception that we have. We think because we have the necessary skills and required talents to do the job, that should be all that is required. The more I live, the more I realize that it is not necessarily the actual job that is so challenging, but rather, it is the PEOPLE! Sometimes, people just make me sick! I cannot stand gossip! It is as if they live their lives through the lives of others. But,its not just people in the workplace, but if we are honest, we can see these types of people right in our own homes, our close family members, and in our own churches -- oooh, but that's another topic, right? LOL!

The fact is that people like to talk about other people, whether it is true or not. Devoted gossipers anxiously spew their news to anyone who will listen as if they are getting paid! Talking about other people fills an empty void in our lives. That is why we are sooo consumed with the "Tiger Woods," of the world. Thinking, and talking about what someone else is doing, takes our focus off of our own lives. But, we cannot be pushed off the mark because it gets a bit hard to deal with. Sure, it's not right, and it is so unfair, but as Grandma always says: "If you ain't being talked about, you must not be doing too much! They talked about Jesus," so what you think they gonna do to you." In other words, people only talk about people who are doing something significant. If you have made it to the coveted echelon and elite group of folks who have been unjustly maligned and viciously attacked by your so-called family and friends, congratulations! This simply means that you are somebody, and on your way to doing great things. Look at the flipside, and remember, when people are talking about you, they are in essence thinking about you. You are on their mind, and that means, you're pretty darn special!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 am