Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
The Power You Give Should Be Your Own EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

4 posters

The Power You Give Should Be Your Own

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

The Power You Give Should Be Your Own Empty The Power You Give Should Be Your Own

Post  two sisters Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:45 pm

There are people that get on your nerves, frustrate you, and annoy you. Then, there are people that you just can’t stand, don’t know how to deal with and don’t really want to deal with. There’s just something about them that just unravels you. Every time you see them it makes your stomach crawl. You will go so far as to change your plans so that you don’t have to deal with them. Looking back you realize that you’ve been missing out on events and other things because of this person. But the real clincher is they don’t even know that they have that kind of power over you.

Question:

Do you realize that every day we hand over power to people to do what they will with our emotions, our feelings and our future. The power we give to others over our lives is shocking and amazing. How do you reclaim power over your own life again?
    Auntie G
    Auntie G

The Power You Give Should Be Your Own Empty You might just be the only one trippin'

Post  Auntie G Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 pm

The truth is, until we are really ready to assume responsibility for our own actions and reactions, we will allow others to control us to the point of convience. That is to say, it is easy to be able to blame what we say, do and don't say or do on someone else, "Well, if she hadn't been there I would have come to the function and done my thing", or somthing else crazy when more than likely the person could care less about what you do once they make you mad, or sad, or whatever else they set out to do. Actually, sometimes the person doesn't even have to be trying to do anything at all to YOU, they just go about their own business and it's you that cares more for their business than they care for you and yours. You are really the only one trippin' WOW!
    motherof1
    motherof1

The Power You Give Should Be Your Own Empty Re: The Power You Give Should Be Your Own

Post  motherof1 Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:49 pm

In order to reclaim power over my life I must look at myself and found the root your problem. No it's not always the other person. I have to take responsibility for my own actions. I also, have to be willing to make a change and let GOD work on me so that I can be better person.
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

The Power You Give Should Be Your Own Empty Let no one change who you are but YOU!

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am

How do you reclaim power over your own life again?

My title says it all to me! With someone having this kind of power over you- you are letting them change you and live your life for you! I have been in one situation like this once before. I even wrote about it on here " Sistas Common Sense corner" on the topic about saving a friendship!
    This person is a friend of one my BEST friends of 15 years. I was so disgusted by this person, I did not go to my BFF's daughters 5th birthday party because I knew she was going to be there. I shortly realized that she had won, and I was the one who lost out! That day I declared that- that would never happen again! I would make MY own decisions to go and to see who ever I wanted and do whatever I wanted! I would NOT let her make those decisions for me, no matter how she bullied, insulted or put me down! If I want to change who I want to see or where I want to go I WILL make those decisions on my OWN!
    NO one changed me but ME!! Does anyone agree?
    Holla I love you

Sponsored content

The Power You Give Should Be Your Own Empty Re: The Power You Give Should Be Your Own

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm