Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
What's your dream? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
What's your dream? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
What's your dream? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
What's your dream? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
What's your dream? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
What's your dream? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
What's your dream? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
What's your dream? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
What's your dream? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

+4
Sarah's Daughter
jlee
Auntie G
two sisters
8 posters

What's your dream?

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

What's your dream? Empty What's your dream?

Post  two sisters Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:06 pm

It’s that time again, the weekend went faster than you could blink and it’s Monday again. You thank God for your job; it’s not hard but you desire to do something else. While dealing with the public in your job capacity, you have been enlightened about many issues that people face. It’s on your heart to do something but you feel that you don’t really have much to offer anyone.

Question:
    There is something special about you! There are no two people that God made alike; you are unique. Share something special about yourself that encourages another sista to make a step towards her dream. What are you doing to make your dream come alive?
    Auntie G
    Auntie G

What's your dream? Empty What about when you don't know???

Post  Auntie G Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:54 am

Yes, I agree there are no two people that God made alike, but what about when you just don't feel like you're special and have anything to offer anyone? There have been people in my life that have almost convienced me that it's best if I just don't try to do or be anything more than I am right now and there are times when I agree. I'm not sure what my dream is, maybe just to believe in me.
    jlee
    jlee

What's your dream? Empty Re: What's your dream?

Post  jlee Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:07 pm

It's much easier said than done, to believe in yourself when you are standing alone. It's going to take some practice to fight against what seems to have become first nature. I know it may sound funny, but try looking at yourself in the mirror each day and tell yourself something good, like I am special and there's no one else like me. Then think about the things that you do or can do; you'll be surprised at what's buried inside of you. Don't be afraid to start building your confidence!
    Sarah's Daughter
    Sarah's Daughter

What's your dream? Empty What's Your Dream?

Post  Sarah's Daughter Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 am

two sisters wrote:It’s that time again, the weekend went faster than you could blink and it’s Monday again. You thank God for your job; it’s not hard but you desire to do something else. While dealing with the public in your job capacity, you have been enlightened about many issues that people face. It’s on your heart to do something but you feel that you don’t really have much to offer anyone.

Question:
    There is something special about you! There are no two people that God made alike; you are unique. Share something special about yourself that encourages another sista to make a step towards her dream. What are you doing to make your dream come alive?

I have always heard that true success is doing the things that you would do for free, and getting paid for doing them! Therein lies the dream. I have always dreamed of being in business for myself, and writing, sitting on some exotic, white sandy shored beach, sipping pina coladas, and listening to the waves while writing my memoirs, and books about the lives I have dreamt about. Success for me would have been getting the recognition and accolades for being an encourager of women and men around the world. I have a voice, and need to express my inner thoughts. But, I settled. I settled for sooo much less. I became an administrative assistant, because I also can run things. I make things happen, and keep it organize for others pretty well. I settled for the 9-5 job, with benefits, and a steady paycheck, that put food on the table, however, and kept shoes on my children's feet, and a roof over their heads. Probably never gave much thought beyond a rare "I should do this," to making the necessary changes that would make my real dreams come true. That is the difference between those that dream, and those that do. The doers, do it. The doers, bridge the gap between dreaming and doing. They actually start making the steps toward doing the things that they have always dreamt of doing. What holds us back is fear, and indecisiveness, and lack of planning. We are indecisive, because we listen to our inner voices, that are afraid to take it to the next level. We are afraid because we fear what "the people" closest to us will think. We are afraid, because if we fail, we will be told, "I told you so." But, each of us has been given specific DNA that is the blue print embossed, and embedded with our purpose and destiny. We are each given an assignment to fulfill, even unwittingly, and without our consent, we are pushed forward by God to attain the levels and standards that He has set for us. We will never be as satisfied as we will be when we get on board with being the person that we have been designed, and destined by God to be. It takes us to come into agreement, and to align our own will with the will of God, however, to make it happen. So, today, I have decided to just do it, to borrow a phrase from Nike, and here I am, writing, and pouring out my heart, because this is my destiny, and my lifelong purpose. The dream of owning my own business, and being self-employed is also been put into action as of this writing, because life is just too short to wait any longer.
    Sarah's Daughter
    Sarah's Daughter

What's your dream? Empty What about when you just don't know . . Auntie G

Post  Sarah's Daughter Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 am

Auntie G wrote:Yes, I agree there are no two people that God made alike, but what about when you just don't feel like you're special and have anything to offer anyone? There have been people in my life that have almost convienced me that it's best if I just don't try to do or be anything more than I am right now and there are times when I agree. I'm not sure what my dream is, maybe just to believe in me.

You know, it's there . . . you have to reconnect with that person that you were before you evolved into who you are. That inner child knew you -- first. She talked to you and you listened. She told you what you would do when you grew up, and you dared then, to dream. Often, we become tainted in our minds by our opinions, and by the well intentioned opinions of others closest to us. Their opinions somehow start to matter more than our own. Look at where you are now, and what you have been involved in. What types of jobs interested you, ask youself why? Look around at the things (activities) that you have been drawn to, and the people that you admire most. If you have not been drawn to doing anything, it is time to ask yourself why? What would you do if fear was not a factor? Sometimes, we simply don't have enough belief in ourselves to think that we can be anything more than what we are. We don't think that we deserve to be anything more than what we are.

I ask you Auntie G, to seriously consider -- Where you'd go, if you could go anywhere you wanted to go? Why, would you choose to go there, and what is stopping you now, from going?

When you start putting yourself first, and making yourself the priority, you will begin to see that now is the time to be your own best friend! Every good and perfect gift comes from God. He has given you gifts, and your gift back to him is what you do with these gifts to bring Him the glory and the honor that he deserves. Don't sit on your gifts, and allow fear to hold you back another day. Make today the first day on your journey back to you.
    cesjkids
    cesjkids

What's your dream? Empty Strong Influences

Post  cesjkids Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Amen, Amen, and Amen Ms. AThompson. I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said. I believe it becomes more and more easy to put the opinion of others before our own especially when you have more than one person talking in your ear. When you get a couple of people who agree about the same thing and their opinion differs from yours, we begin to think that their opinion has to be right. I can recall when I was younger, my mother had a great influence on my life. She was my solid rock in an unstable world. Momma could make a suggestion that I do something a particular way, and of course I dare not opt to do something different. Why? Because she knew better. You know the saying, "mother knows best." As I entered into adulthood, married, and had children I quickly learned that I had to make my own decisions and take responsibility for them. There was one time, and I'll never forget it when my mother advised me to take a particular course of action. Not ever doubting that momma would ever be wrong about things (even if I thought that I should take a different approach), I took her advice. Needless to say, things did not work out like I thought they would. I immediately when back to momma and told her that things had not worked out like she suggested and she looked at me and said, "that's on you, you need to figure out what you're going to do." I must have been about 19 years old at the time and I NEVER, AND I DO MEAN NEVER forgot what she said. Oh, that was cold and I remember thinking to myself, "that will never happen again." As I look back, momma taught me a great lesson and that was that I had to take control of the reins of my life and make things happen. Thank God for the ability to reflect back over my life to see how He has brought me through the unthinkable and the unbearable. I believe God has a plan for each of our lives. No doubt fear will creep in to keep us from forging ahead but we must continue to take one step at a step. Before long, you will look back and see how far you have come by the grace of God. Take some time to bring back to your remembrance those things that you dreamed of that you have allowed to lay dormant. Then decide that you are going to take a step in that direction and keep on stepping until you fulfill your dream.
    Sarah's Daughter
    Sarah's Daughter

What's your dream? Empty cesjkids - Listening to Others

Post  Sarah's Daughter Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:20 am

cesjkids wrote:Amen, Amen, and Amen Ms. AThompson. I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said. I believe it becomes more and more easy to put the opinion of others before our own especially when you have more than one person talking in your ear. When you get a couple of people who agree about the same thing and their opinion differs from yours, we begin to think that their opinion has to be right. I can recall when I was younger, my mother had a great influence on my life. She was my solid rock in an unstable world. Momma could make a suggestion that I do something a particular way, and of course I dare not opt to do something different. Why? Because she knew better. You know the saying, "mother knows best." As I entered into adulthood, married, and had children I quickly learned that I had to make my own decisions and take responsibility for them. There was one time, and I'll never forget it when my mother advised me to take a particular course of action. Not ever doubting that momma would ever be wrong about things (even if I thought that I should take a different approach), I took her advice. Needless to say, things did not work out like I thought they would. I immediately when back to momma and told her that things had not worked out like she suggested and she looked at me and said, "that's on you, you need to figure out what you're going to do." I must have been about 19 years old at the time and I NEVER, AND I DO MEAN NEVER forgot what she said. Oh, that was cold and I remember thinking to myself, "that will never happen again." As I look back, momma taught me a great lesson and that was that I had to take control of the reins of my life and make things happen. Thank God for the ability to reflect back over my life to see how He has brought me through the unthinkable and the unbearable. I believe God has a plan for each of our lives. No doubt fear will creep in to keep us from forging ahead but we must continue to take one step at a step. Before long, you will look back and see how far you have come by the grace of God. Take some time to bring back to your remembrance those things that you dreamed of that you have allowed to lay dormant. Then decide that you are going to take a step in that direction and keep on stepping until you fulfill your dream.

Boy, oh, Boy! If I had a nickle for every time I felt this way Ms. Cesjkid! Listening to others, just to have them say -- "that's on you!" Now, that's a bitter pill to swallow! That is why I caution against friends coming to me and asking, "should I leave him, or should I stay?" I never advise someone about what 'they should do,' because that is a heavy responsibility, and the repercussions could potentially be irrevocable. I will only tell them, based upon what I know, (if, and only if, they ask me first)"what I might do," and even then that is a slippery slope to be on. I just don't want that burden or responsibility.

Based upon past experiences, I find it very hard to listen to the advice and opinions of others, and perhaps, there are times when I should. I don't know, sometimes, it seems if you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I mean, I have had those times when I intently listened to the voices of others because I was just so very confused, and didn't know just what to do. My mother was my first option, because as you said, "Mother knows best," or so I thought. Just like you, I relied heavily upon her advice, because she was my voice of reason. She was my great influence, and after all, she was my mother, wasn't she supposed to know and have my best interest at heart? Well, even mothers can't and don't know everything. I realized this when I was in a very rough period of my life, about to lose my first house. I needed someone to tell me what to do. What's more, I needed all the help that I could get. I wanted someone to tell me the right thing to do that would help me out of the mess that I was in. What I found was just the opposite. Mama was telling me -- just let it go. Just walk away Girl, you don't need this -- it's time to make a new start. Sometimes, you just have to give up. In other words, I don't have a dime to give you. Don't expect my help to try to help you save your house, after all, nobody helped me when I was in the same situation. There was this long litany of reasons and emotional discourse on the things that had happened to her in a time when she faced a similar situation. She felt abandoned, and alone during this time of her own life. She had no one to help her. So, in retrospect, she was saying, learn to accept the things that you cannot change, God wants something better for you. I look back on this, and I remember the pain and the isolation that I felt. Mama, wasn't telling me nothing that I wanted to hear. I tried to accept her advice, but it just didn't feel right. Even though she was telling me that "God wanted me to move," something in me said that her perception was colored by the experiences that she had gone through. I later found out, over time, that this was partially true. But, while I refused to accept her opinion, it was still pointless because I needed some "right now," help, bad. I needed to hear from someone who had the same determined, and fighting spirit that I had. I needed to hear the comforting words from someone who had not reconciled themselves to a life of conformity, and complacency. Sometimes, we listen to the wrong people, at the wrong time. Mama wasn't the only one telling me to just walk away, however. My brother said, "just walk away." The father of my children, said, "just walk away." My closest friend and sista who always seemed to always know what's best, said, "just walk away -- You don't need this burden." Needless to say, I lost this house, because I ended up listening to all these familiar voices. They loved me, and after all, they had my best interest at heart -- or, so I thought. But, the bottom line is that they couldn't give me the financial assistance that I needed to keep it, and they couldn't point me in the direction of anyone who did. The best thing that they knew to tell me was to "give up!" Right or wrong, they gave to me what they had to give. Needless to say, I lost this house, and it was the biggest turning point in my life. From that time on, I vowed never to listen to others' voices above my own -- because in the final analysis, they are not me. They can only render what their opinion may be based upon their own personal experience, and limited knowledge. However, I have come to learn that people also have hidden motivations, and may not always want what you want. My giving up my quest to save my house meant that I would then accept the alternative offer to come and live closer to where mama was. She wanted me near her. My close friend and sista wanted me near her. My brother and children's father felt it best that I walk away, because they didn't want the obligation of offering any financial assistance in order for me to stay. Sometimes, as awful as it may seem, people have hidden agendas, and ulterior motives. That is why we must be careful when we seek the opinions of others. This was a very deep lesson and one that I shall never forget. Because when all was said and done, I did make the move, and left all. I just let it go, because when my back was up against the wall, there was no one there to help me. I did not have enough knowledge or resources available to make the decisions that may have enabled me to keep my home. And, when you have done all that you know how to do, what else is there to do? I listened to those voices that seemed to know better than I did. I accepted their opinions, and ultimately I gave up the fight to save my home. Needless to say, it took me a long time to get over this, because deep in my heart, I know that I could have saved my home, had I dug in and fought a little bit harder. I believe as the saying goes, that
    you have to know when to "hold em, and fold em!" That was a definite time when I should have held on. But, it's just one of those life lessons that prove to be so invaluable in the end. Its through the lessons that we grow, that is why I say, "there is a blessing in the lesson." Even though there are tough lessons to learn, things ultimately have a way of working out in the end.

The bottom line is that no one can live your life for you. When it seems that you are in a quandary situation, and life will be filled with many of them, you must go within -- first. Ask God, what shall I do? What does that song say: "Mama, may have, and Papa may have, but God . . . blesses the child that's got his own!" I remember something profound now, Grandma used to say: "Every tub has got to sit on its own bottom!" We cannot rely upon others to make the most crucial decisions for us because when it is all said and done, we will be the ones left to deal with the aftermath of our decisions.
    Sarah's Daughter
    Sarah's Daughter

What's your dream? Empty Fast from wrong thinking . . .

Post  Sarah's Daughter Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 am

cesjkids wrote:Amen, Amen, and Amen Ms. AThompson. I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said. I believe it becomes more and more easy to put the opinion of others before our own especially when you have more than one person talking in your ear. When you get a couple of people who agree about the same thing and their opinion differs from yours, we begin to think that their opinion has to be right. I can recall when I was younger, my mother had a great influence on my life. She was my solid rock in an unstable world. Momma could make a suggestion that I do something a particular way, and of course I dare not opt to do something different. Why? Because she knew better. You know the saying, "mother knows best." As I entered into adulthood, married, and had children I quickly learned that I had to make my own decisions and take responsibility for them. There was one time, and I'll never forget it when my mother advised me to take a particular course of action. Not ever doubting that momma would ever be wrong about things (even if I thought that I should take a different approach), I took her advice. Needless to say, things did not work out like I thought they would. I immediately when back to momma and told her that things had not worked out like she suggested and she looked at me and said, "that's on you, you need to figure out what you're going to do." I must have been about 19 years old at the time and I NEVER, AND I DO MEAN NEVER forgot what she said. Oh, that was cold and I remember thinking to myself, "that will never happen again." As I look back, momma taught me a great lesson and that was that I had to take control of the reins of my life and make things happen. Thank God for the ability to reflect back over my life to see how He has brought me through the unthinkable and the unbearable. I believe God has a plan for each of our lives. No doubt fear will creep in to keep us from forging ahead but we must continue to take one step at a step. Before long, you will look back and see how far you have come by the grace of God. Take some time to bring back to your remembrance those things that you dreamed of that you have allowed to lay dormant. Then decide that you are going to take a step in that direction and keep on stepping until you fulfill your dream.

Just piggybacking on something that Ms. Cesjkids said:
    "I believe God has a plan for each of our lives. No doubt fear will creep in to keep us from forging ahead but we must continue to take one step at a step. Before long, you will look back and see how far you have come by the grace of God. Take some time to bring back to your remembrance those things that you dreamed of that you have allowed to lay dormant. Then decide that you are going to take a step in that direction and keep on stepping until you fulfill your dream."

Fear is the antithesis of Faith - and Faith is the antidote for Fear! We must commit ourselves to begin to fast from wrong thinking. It is our own internal negative thoughts that keep us from moving forward to becoming the women that God has destined us to be.

Sista's I pass this on to you which was shared with me by my mother. Don't know where she got it from,(I think it was originally authored by Gregory Dickow), but it is so appropriate for such a time as this! Be blessed! Your destiny is waiting . . .

Thought 22
    Today we are fasting from the thought that says: “IT’S TOO LATE."

We are so “time conscious”. We allow time to limit us and define for us what we’re capable of; or what God can do in our lives.

It's often engrained in us that it's too late to change; too late to start a new career; too late to save your marriage; too late to recover from a major mistake; too late to start over again; too late to be forgiven or have a second chance.

Perhaps you just started with us in our FAST FROM WRONG THINKING, and you think it's too late to get involved and really see the changes you’re looking for.

The truth is: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

We need to replace this wrong thinking with right thinking. I hope you’re seeing the pattern that the thoughts we’re dealing with are the ones that immobilize us. They are thoughts that get us to cave in and stay the way we are; to accept things the way they are. THIS IS what we’re going after—mindsets that limit us; and keep us from the victory that God has for each of us.

When you realize that it's not too late, you have hope. You take action. You move forward. You stop thinking that it's futile and useless to do the right thing.

It's not too late...

* to turn your finances around.

* to recover from a tragedy or mistake

* to truly surrender your life to God and begin again!

* to take better care of yourself

* to apologize

* to start saving

* maybe you have developed a habit or dug yourself into a real bad hole. it's not too late to get out of it.

* to change the way you see yourself.

1. UN-DECIDE that it's too late for these things to change. Un-decide that you can’t recover! Un-decide that the damage is irreversible.
    2. Meditate on the fact that God created time, and He can multiply it.

The earth and sun stood still for Joshua 10:12-13, “And Joshua spoke to the Lord at Gibeon...and said in the sight of Israel, ‘Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon in the valley of Aijalon.’ So the sun stood still and the moon stopped.” Joshua had control over time, for God’s purpose. We need to start thinking that way—we have control over time. It doesn’t control us!

3. Today, think about the great cloud of witnesses, for whom it wasn't too late:

* It wasn’t too late for Abraham to be a father at 99 years old.

* It wasn’t too late for Sarah to be a mother at 90!

* It wasn’t too late for Peter after he denied the Lord 3 times.

* It wasn’t too late for Paul after he had persecuted the church and killed other Christians! God later used him to write two-thirds of the New Testament after the book of Acts.

* It wasn’t too late for the woman caught in adultery (John 8:1-11), the woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-34), or the man who was lame at Bethesda pool for 38 years. (John 5:1-10)

* In business, it wasn’t too late for Ray Kroc, who at the age of 56 started the first McDonalds...(How did that work out for him?)

4. Meditate on God’s mercy and grace.
    Lamentations 3:22 says, “His mercy is new every morning...” Hebrews 4:15 says, “Come boldly to the throne of grace to receive mercy and grace in your time of need.” Mercy is when God doesn’t give us the judgment that we DO deserve. And “grace” is when God gives us the goodness that we don’t deserve.

5. Adjust your thinking here: Stop making excuses for why it's too late.

God doesn’t listen to our excuses. Realize, HE IGNORES OUR EXCUSES, and EXPECTS us to believe in His faithfulness. We claim we have low self-esteem or a disability. (Moses wasn’t confident and he had a speech impediment, but God gave him chance after chance to be used by Him to deliver God’s people.)

6. Meditate on the verse in 2 Timothy 2:13, “Even when we are faithless, He remains faithful. He cannot deny Himself.”

7. Ask God for more time, and another chance.

Hezekiah did in 2 Kings 20:1-6. When Hezekiah turned back to the Lord, and asked for a second chance, God told him, “I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears. Surely I will heal you...And I will add to your days FIFTEEN YEARS.” If he did it for Hezekiah, He will do it for you!

THINK IT & SAY IT

I believe that it is not too late for things to improve in my life, and radically turn around.

I believe in the God of 2nd chances. I can recover and there is nothing that God won’t turn around in my life.

It is a fact that God created time and He can multiply it for me. I am not controlled by time. By God’s grace, I control it!

It wasn’t too late for Abraham or Sarah, Peter or Paul. It wasn’t too late for the woman caught in adultery, and its NOT TOO LATE FOR ME.

I adjust my thinking, and accept that God ignores my excuses and inabilities—but He gives mercy and grace in my time of need. He is faithful even when I haven’t been.

I think on His goodness and dwell on His kindness. God is no respecter of persons, therefore if He multiplied time back for Joshua and Hezekiah, He will do it for me!

In His faithfulness,

Gregory Dickow

P.S. Go to www.thinkingfast.org for archives of previous days of our fast from wrong thinking.
    jlee
    jlee

Post  jlee Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:15 pm

That was an awesome word of encouragement AThompson. I want you to know that I'm not going to give up on my dream. I do know that it's not too late. Thanks again. Very Happy

Post  Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Question:

Dreams are the best!!
    Ever one has their dreams and some of us more then others are lucky enough to have the confidence to live them.But don't ever give up.
    I have always dreamed of singing from a young age but never had the confidence till a few years ago.I love nothing more then to get out and sing.I know their are people close to me who think I cant do it and put me down.But I know in my heart of hearts and with faith and trust in God ill make it.I have been to auditions and not got through but it has only made me want it more and made me see how much more.It was the lessons I have learned along the way.Someone I now call a true SISTA and a amazing friend said this"if god gave you the voice he gave you the confidence to go with it".So in other words find that courage in yourself and keep fighting!!Never listen to anyone who says you can't.You and only you knows what you can and can't do everyday.
    I also love to dance.It was a dream to have a career but due to an injury it soon became a no no.I did at first get upset but then I saw it as Gods way of saying it wasent for me.I was lucky that my injury never stopped my dancing completly I just don't have the same stamina.So now I look forward to my teaching exams in dance.See there is always a good in every bad situation.
    I also spend my time on facebook with my B.I.O page.This is a campign about true beauty inside & out.It's about loving youself for how you are not how the media wants us to be or how others do.I spend my time helping people love them selves for who they are.I have made so many great friends and hope to make more.
    God bless you all!!
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

What's your dream? Empty My reply to Harmony's writing

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:27 pm

First off I have a couple of dreams. I would one like to meet the person who has been inspiring me since 2007 when I broke my ankel and was in a wheel chair for 3 months. That person is Tyra Banks! Also I would like to meet a new friend I have made, by joining a group on facebook called B.I.O campaign, make a difference, be the change. She has been a real good friend. She is ALWAYS there to talk to me, threw good times and bad! I would do anything for her too, because thats what friends are for!
    I also dream that one day I will publish a book of poems. I know I can if I just work hard on it, and don't give up!

Last edited by grifcsnd on Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mygram
    mygram

What's your dream? Empty Don't Forget Your Dream Is In You

Post  mygram Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 pm

The last two sistas talked about somehing called BIO page and meeting people, I would just like to say to them that yes it is great to have sistas to turn to when things get hard that is what this site too is about and I'm so glad it is here, but don't forget that your dream and it's fate is really truely inside of you, not in meeting a friend you met, or anyone that has been able to give you a word, yes they are all important to us, but you have got to get to know God who will teach you who you are and what you are suppose to do and be, then and only then will you be able to fullfill your dreams. Don't put your destiny in the hands of people.
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

What's your dream? Empty My reply to Mygram

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Okay the topic was "Dreamin" NOT "fate" as you put it. I also read where Dail put what can you do to help others see, meet or reach her goal. Being there for one another is one way I can help Harmony, and others to meet the dream. And it is NOT all left up to fate. We determine our on fate, with the choices we make everyday. We also are the ones who determine if we are going to make our dream come true by the amount of work we put in it. We can work had and believe that our hard work will pay off OR we can sit around and "wish" something would happen. But I can't remember any of my wishes on a star that came true! So please stop trying to critize anyone on this or any other site, and you really should not tell anyone that they are wrong as to what they wrote, it is called free expression, and freedom of speech, but you, me and everyone else is not here to be put down for what we think or how we feel in any way shape form or matter! Now Thats What's up!!! HOLLA

Last edited by grifcsnd on Mon May 31, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mygram
    mygram

What's your dream? Empty Let's think before we type

Post  mygram Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Ok, let me try to help you because obviously you didn't or can't understand what was said; so, to the young lady grifcsnd, that responded to my entry, first my sista, you really came off very angry and honestly as if you are not very sure of what it is you believe in yourself. In regard to you mentioning something Dail said, I have no idea what you are talking about so we won't even deal with that one. When I mentioned the word "fate" it was in relation to the outcome of your dreams and I did say that it is inside you so I really don't get what your beef is with that? do you?...Who said it is all left up to fate? You?.... I'm not real sure how long you have been on the site but for us that have been here a while we read from one scenario to the next, and I recall you posting right after Alimarie another time, and when she spoke about God, you then quoted scripture, now here, you talk about us being able to determine if our dreams come true or not and say we determine our own fate...REALLY????, what happen to GOD?

You see, I never intended to down play you, or your friends dreams, I think you both should encourage one another in any way possible, that is what my grlfriends and I do and that is the reason I come to this site, but please don't ever think that you can come here and talk mess to any of the sistas here and not get it back (with correctly spelled words) we are here to support and encourage not tear down....NOW THAT...MY SISTA IS REALLY WHAT'S UP, NOW YOU HOLLA
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

What's your dream? Empty I do think before I type!

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:36 pm

So far it has been my experience that you mygram ARE here to down play others, and how they express how they feel. I did quote the bible and God gave as the power of choice so, No it is not all up to fate. I was not anger at all in my last post however I am a bit upset as I write this one, because your last post came from a ugly place, and was only posted to take a direct hit towards me. I was only trying to state before that dreams can only become true if you are willing to put work into in. Don't you agree? You can want something with all your heart and soul, but if you are not willing to work towards it you will never get there, and a lot of time, not all the time, but a lot of time you so need someone there to have your back. To lift you up on those days you are down, to help find you when you feel lost. I am sorry if my spelling is not up to par, and when I said "Holla' it is a signature of mine and nothing was ment by that. If you would take the time to get to know me you would know that!
    Holla
    mygram
    mygram

What's your dream? Empty Ok let's agree to disagree

Post  mygram Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 am

Ok grifcsnd, I guess maybe we'll have to agree to disagree to some extent. I do agree that we must push ourselves to make it happen and that is not always easy, as a matter of fact it is often the hardest thing to do, and that is where having a friend to help us along is so important. As women, we must learn the very lesson you and I just learned. We all have our own ways of getting to a place, we travel different roads, but eventually we all go down the same path and if I can tell you where the rocks are so you don't stump your toe, and you can tell me where to stop and get water, we will all make it. I will keep up with you in order to get to know you I hope you will do the same.
    HOLLA SISTA
    sunny
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

What's your dream? Empty Thank you mygram

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:25 am

Your last post was enlightning, and I agree with it completely! I don't have much to say, except thank you for at least trying to see what I was saying, and I will do my best to read more carfully what others write to understand their point of view, especially if they are willing to see mine. I was completelt new to this site when I got your first reply, and honestly did not know how to feel so I just wrote from my heart. I will do my best to follow your writing, and along the way who knows we may become best of friends, and not just sistas on a writing site. I am so glad that this is over, because sometimes you do just have to agree to disagree! I hope you are blessed with everything you do, Sista!
    Holla
    schoolgirl
    schoolgirl

What's your dream? Empty Don't stop dreamin'

Post  schoolgirl Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

I was just catching up on some of the old posts that are on the site and I'm encouraged to know that there are women out their just like me that are facing real situations. When I think of dreamin' it makes me think of things that seems to be untouchable or unobtainable. While I was pondering my response in light of the other responses to this question, I thought about how easy it is to stop dreamin, especially when it don't seem like things are working out. With times being what they are TOUGH, even venturing to dream almost seems like a lost cause. I just stop by to encourage myself and someone else that one day at a time with a made up mind to reach your dream is what's required. The minute you stop dreamin' the dream dies, but as long as keep the dream alive by choosing to make steps forward, you'll look up one day and find that your dream has come alive. I wanted to have my own place but I knew that I needed to start saving in order for that to happen. I knew that would be a great sacrifice for me as I LOVE to shop, but more than shopping I wanted my own. So little by little I started saving to make my move. It took a while but I finally have my own. Sista's, don't ever stop dreamin.'

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 am