Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
God Grant Me The Strength EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
God Grant Me The Strength EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
God Grant Me The Strength EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
God Grant Me The Strength EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
God Grant Me The Strength EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
God Grant Me The Strength EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
God Grant Me The Strength EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
God Grant Me The Strength EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
God Grant Me The Strength EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

2 posters

God Grant Me The Strength

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

God Grant Me The Strength Empty God Grant Me The Strength

Post  two sisters Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 pm

You receive an urgent telephone call at work and you have to leave immediately. Your love one has just been admitted to the hospital. It’s not looking good right about now; they’ve just had a stroke. You’re praying that God’s will be done in this situation and believe for their recovery. After a month long hospital stay, they are finally able to come home. Tag, you’re it! You’re the only one close enough to help. You’re not prepared for the round the clock medications, feedings, baths, and whatever else may be needed. You’ve got a little time that you can take off from work but this requires more than a little time. You are the sole supporter of your family and do not have the means or strength to handle this unexpected crisis.

Question:
    How must your love one feel knowing that they have to be totally dependent upon the help of someone else? What factors, if any determine when to use outside care versus you caring totally for your love?
    Auntie G
    Auntie G

God Grant Me The Strength Empty Re: God Grant Me The Strength

Post  Auntie G Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am

Take it from someone that has been there, done that, it is ONLY God that can grant the strength needed to deal with this situation. Speaking from experience, not with the stroke, but indeed with another terminal illness which required around the clock care, and which came about totally unexpected not to mention the devastation it carried to the family. Trying to care for a loved one ourselves is the first response, we all seem to think we are super people that can handle it all, and in my family, we have never, ever allowed anyone to be cared for, no matter how complicated, by anyone other than family and close friends, so initially the thought of having the option to bring in outside help, or take our loved one out of the home was definately out of the question. Fast forward one, or two months into care when your mind and body are drained and your children and/or spouse start to act differently because all of your time is spent elsewhere. You begin to realize that you are not superwoman and you need help so through a whole lot of prayer and tears you humble yourself and you get help. In my case it was outside help coming in, which required me handing over that which we hold so dear, "trust", but I found that my trust was not being handed over to that lady that came in each morning, it was being handed over to God. We really don't realize where we are, until we have to walk it out. Now you may say,"well you were praying and all that, didn't you trust God already?", well I say to you again, it's easy to say "I trust Him', when you only have to speak it out of your mouth. Just wait until you have to walk the walk.
    Caring for the people we love IS our responsibility, but knowing the SOURCE of our strength is not just our responsibility it's the very air we breathe.
    So I ask you to check yourself, do you trust Him,? or do you ask Him to be your assistant?

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:01 pm