Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
Who's Making Your Decisions EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

4 posters

Who's Making Your Decisions

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

Who's Making Your Decisions Empty Who's Making Your Decisions

Post  two sisters Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Living with the decisions that you have made can represent a variety of nouns like frustration, stress, pain, struggle, joy, contentment, success, and good health just to name a few. Looking back, you realize that a lot of the decisions you made were with others in mind and what you felt was the best decision at that time. Then there were some decisions that were definitely not good but the consequences are yours to deal with nevertheless. However, there’s nothing quite like living with a decision that someone else makes and you have to deal with it. You know, like when your spouse spends the bill money leaving you to decide how the bills are going to get paid, or your child adds another mouth to your family while living in your home, or the friend/family member that puts you in the middle of their mess forcing you to be the clean-up women because folks are now confronting you.

Question:

When faced with decisions that you have not volunteered for, how do you handle it? Is there a way to avoid this type of situation? If so, please tell a Sista how?

Marsha
    Marsha

Who's Making Your Decisions Empty Re: Who's Making Your Decisions

Post  Marsha Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:10 pm

I was having a conversation today with a friend and we were talking about this very topic. I was sharing with her that I had to choose not to change my life because I have been hurt, rejected or disappointed. Just like there are two sides to every story, I have decided to look at the other side of every situation. In this way, I take back control of my life rather than hand it over to someone else - especially when they don't even know that they have control. Oh trust me on this one, it takes LOTS of practice and you will definitely have plenty of opportunities to practice.
    motherof1
    motherof1

Post  motherof1 Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 pm

I do try my best to stay out of those and not to but people in that kind of situation either. But when push comes to shove I try to stay as neutral because there is always three side to the story their, the other person, and the part nobody tells. And not to be mean, but sometime I have to tell them I'm not going to make a decision for you. Also, let them that not making a decision is making a decision.
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

Who's Making Your Decisions Empty My Treasure waits for me.....

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am

When faced with decisions that you have not volunteered for, how do you handle it? Is there a way to avoid this type of situation? If so, please tell a Sista how?

Right now I am in a living situation that I was forced into after getting evicted after losing my job, and my home. Thank God my father-in-law was kind enough to open his home up to me and my family. It is me, my husband and my two children. We are also living with my brother-in-law. Now he, my brother-in-law, takes advantage of me ALL the time. When I first moved here I felt to show my appreciation I would constantly cook three meals a day keep all dishes cleans, keep the house very tidy ( which it was a mess when we moved in) and wash and put up everyones clothes! After time my Brother-in-law started barking orders at me, such as make sure you cook this for breakfast OR Why are my clothes not put up yet, and he stop helping ALL together. Now my father in law I don't mind doing for AT ALL he is 71 and is not physically able to do any of these things but My brother in law is able, so there is NO reason why I should continue to wait on him. Especially when he use to help some when we first moved in. So after a while of just not doing for him at all and a lot of prayer. I realized that what I do here on Earth out of the goodness of my heart I WILL be rewarded in Heaven when God calls for me to go home. That is what my Granny would have done, and that is what Jesus would have done too! So I get caught up in a a lot of things that I did not Volunteer for, But I want to do for others as I would want others to do for me!
    That is my experience in this situation, and hopefully once again I hope this helps someone if they are in a similar situation! Although I would like to end this on a good note, my husband has found some work and we should be back on out feet very soon, maybe even before Christmas! Like they say everything happens for a reason, maybe this was all a lesson from God, and to not take even the smallest things for granted! So if you are a Christian would you please pray for me and my family! Because I believe there IS Power in Prayer especially in numbers!
    Holla I love you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:33 am