Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
Can I get a Time Out? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
Can I get a Time Out? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
Can I get a Time Out? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
Can I get a Time Out? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
Can I get a Time Out? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
Can I get a Time Out? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
Can I get a Time Out? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
Can I get a Time Out? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
Can I get a Time Out? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

+2
missjohnniemae
two sisters
6 posters

Can I get a Time Out?

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

Can I get a Time Out? Empty Can I get a Time Out?

Post  two sisters Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Your day starts off before the rooster crows – you grab breakfast on the run on your way to complete a full eight hours at work. Glad that the work day is finally over, you head home to start your primary job of tending to your family. There’s dinner to cook, clothes to wash, homework to help the kids complete and the other pressing errands and chores that need your attention. The week day routine rarely changes and the weekends are crammed with all the other things that had to wait because they could not be done during the week. Time just seems to fly by without allowing you the opportunity to take much, if any time for yourself. HELP!!! I NEED SOME TIME FOR ME.

Question:

When life seems to get a little crazy with all the things that’s on your plate, it’s an absolute must that you take “a time out” for yourself. What kinds of things do you do or tips can you share to help keep you recharged?

Last edited by two sisters on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    missjohnniemae
    missjohnniemae

Can I get a Time Out? Empty Calgon take me away

Post  missjohnniemae Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Sometimes it's just really hard to even take just a minute for yourself especially if you have kids and sometimes even it's just you and your man. Normally I try to hold up in the bathroom and just take a bath with all the fixings, candles, a glass of wine, music the works! Actually even if you only stay in for a short time, just the mood set there gives you time to kind of regroup and get perstective to try to keep it movin'.

Last edited by missjohnniemae on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errors and additions)
    motherof1
    motherof1

Can I get a Time Out? Empty Relax

Post  motherof1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 pm

I just like to be along in my room turn on some jazz and close my eyes and forget about the world.
    Marsha
    Marsha

Can I get a Time Out? Empty Re: Can I get a Time Out?

Post  Marsha Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 am

I try to take a bath at the end of my day at least 3 to 4 times a week just to have some time to myself and relax. It seems to work quite well. I would love to get some tips on ways to relax myself at work.
    Auntie G
    Auntie G

Can I get a Time Out? Empty The best time out of all

Post  Auntie G Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Again, I was going through the scenarios and in checking this one out, I see that none of us thought about the best time out of all.....
    When things get to be too much, actually wayyyyy before that, when we open our eyes to a new day, when we see that our mercies have been renewed, and we have been given yet one more day to say "Thank you", we should be taking a time out and giving it all to HIM, all our cares, all that we may face, he already knows about it so if we just "give it to Him", asking that he go before us, I promise, things just don't get as bad.
    CassandraDesiree<3
    CassandraDesiree<3

Can I get a Time Out? Empty Mommies Time Out

Post  CassandraDesiree<3 Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 am

I am a homemaker, which means I don't have to leave for work and then come home to tend to home duties. In some ways that is a good thing, because I am always a head of my chores. On the other hand it can be a bad thing because there is NO break from those home duties. Now don't get me wrong I love being a mother of 2 and a wife of 7 years, however I do love me a break from both time to time. So when I need to take some time for myself, I put my littlest one ( who is 21 months old) down for a nap and I tell my oldest one ( who is 7) to keep an ear out for him and I go outside! I grab me something to drink could be an "adult beverage" as we call it in my home or sometimes even a Coke-a-cola ( with vanilla syrup yummy) and just enjoy the out doors. If it is still day time I sun bath a little, and if it is evening I sit and look at the stars. Not to get off subject but I felt as though I should share this, my momma passed away in 2007 and my granny in 2005, they were the ones who raised me. and I say this to tell you that by gazing at the stars I think of them, and memories flood my mind. I may cry a little or even bust into laughter, but either way it makes me feel better! After about an hour I come in and I feel a calmness in the house. My soul is at peace. My daughter always knows when mommy goes outside like that - that I am taking some me time, and when she was 5 she started calling it mommies time out!
    The outdoors can be very relaxing and if it is sunny out, true fact here, the sun helps your body release enorphins that make you feel happier! Baths are always great, but try this once or twice, you might enjoy it! Holla javascript:emoticonp('sunny')

Sponsored content

Can I get a Time Out? Empty Re: Can I get a Time Out?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:24 am