Sistas Common Sense Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sistas Helping Sistas

Sista’s Common Sense Corner Store

Navigation

Ad Space for Rent

AD Space Available

Latest topics

» Puttin' You on Blast
Still Waiting EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Mama Today vs Mama Yesterday
Still Waiting EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» God Grant Me The Strength
Still Waiting EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am by Auntie G

» Tough Love vs Life's Lessons
Still Waiting EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm by two sisters

» What's Love Got To Do With It
Still Waiting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» No Support
Still Waiting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» The Power You Give Should Be Your Own
Still Waiting EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Who's Making Your Decisions
Still Waiting EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am by CassandraDesiree<3

» Good Intentions
Still Waiting EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am by CassandraDesiree<3

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

5 posters

Still Waiting

two sisters
    two sisters
    Admin

Still Waiting Empty Still Waiting

Post  two sisters Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:07 pm

As a rule you stick very close to the saying, “you don’t lend what you’re not able to give.” But this time, a family member is in desperate need of some money. They promise to pay you back when they get paid. Pay day rolls around for them and they are no where to be found. A couple of days pass by before you receive a phone call. Your family member begins to apologize for not paying you back as promised and explains that some unexpected situation has come up. You now have to wait for another pay day in hopes of getting your money back. It’s been 3 months and you’re still waiting.

Question:

Where do you draw the line? Will you lend them money again if you knew that you were their only means of help?
    curtonia

Post  curtonia Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:53 pm

I once read a quote that said, 'when borrowing money, never borrow from a optimist borrow from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.' I totally agree with this comment, because if you can not lend money with your heart no matter the situation Then DON'T because to much of your hope is put into getting it back. If I can not in good conscious give it then I will not put my hope in its return.
    GOT SENSE

Post  GOT SENSE Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm

That's an interesting quote... "borrow from pessimists rather than an optimists...." I've also heard it said that when someone owes you money, you'll never be broke. I'm sure there are many more quotes and sayings that are used to explain, describe, and justify borrowing and repayment of loans. When I loan money to friends/family, there are times I know I will not be repaid so I chalk it up as an increase in my tithes/offerings and my blessings come back tenfold. Very Happy
    missjohnniemae
    missjohnniemae

Still Waiting Empty The truth of the matter

Post  missjohnniemae Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:16 pm

The truth is, a loan is just that, and frankly, your family will take advantage of us more times than none. Sometimes it seems that if we would treat family the same way anyone else would treat them both of us would be better off.

Still Waiting Empty Re: Still Waiting

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Last edited by Harmony on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    garden granny
    garden granny

Still Waiting Empty Good Point

Post  garden granny Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 pm

The previous sista has a really great point in a lot of ways. There will indeed always be someone with more than someone else and she is right about not knowing when it may be your turn to be in a position where you may be the one who is in need. I think the main point to the question is that if you do have to borrow from someone, and they are able to help you, once you are in a position to repay that person, you should repay them, not only is it the right thing to do, there was once something called "keeping your word" and for me, that too is important, because who knows, what if you need that person again and your word is no good anymore?, would you lend them money again?, as a matter of fact I ask that question to the sista Alimarie, would you loan money again to someone that has not repaid you from a previous loan?

Sponsored content

Still Waiting Empty Re: Still Waiting

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:23 am